Monday, December 6, 2010

We did it - White Rock 2010!

Yes, we completed the Dallas White Rock half marathon! We ran it in 1 hour 41 minutes which was 3 minutes faster than last year. I was pretty excited about our time - I didn't see how we were going to beat our time from last year but somehow we did it! We definitely ran pretty fast the entire race - our average pace was 7:48. Sanders and I definitely balance each other out and push each other. I always start off fast in the beginning and he ends the race fast. He definitely had to push me this time - I was dying by the last mile!

The race weather started off REALLY cold and windy but after a few miles it felt great. The cold weather definitely makes it easier to run. Our pre-race regiment was a little hectic considering we couldn't find a Starbucks that was open at 6:30am on a Sunday morning, then we got stuck in crazy traffic on the way to the race, Sanders realized he left his race bib at the hotel (thankfully he had his chip) and once we got there had to totally cut in line to use the bathroom before the race. Every bathroom line was 20 people deep. Somehow we made it to the start line just minutes before the race started!

There was a great group from Shreveport running the race - Alexis & Rob, Neal and Stephen, Holly and Lance, Jennifer Doege, Ronda Trawick, Nora and Candy Watkins were just some of the ones I knew running the race. Everyone finished great!

It was a huge accomplishment. Now, I'm taking the week off from running to rest my weary legs and figure out what I am going to do next!

Here are some pics from the race that I took on my Iphone:

right before we took off:

professional pics during the race:

yay! we did it!

after the race:

pic with our phone

Our sidekicks for the race weekend!

The Shreveport crew that ran the race:

Alexis and I after the race:

No comments:

Post a Comment