Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sanders is 5 years old!

I can't believe little Sanders is 5 years old today! Wow how time flies. It seems like just yesterday Sanders and I were heading to the hospital because my water broke. He has definitely kept us on our toes since the day he was born - especially since he was in the NICU the first couple of days of his life. But as hard headed and temperamental as he can be his enthusiasm for life and non-stop energy are what make us proud. He has such a sweet sensitive heart that I hope stays with him forever.

I wanted to make this birthday a special day so when he woke I made him his favorite "pigs in a blanket" for breakfast. For lunch, I brought him Chik-fil-a (and sauce) and cupcakes for the class and we all sang him "happy birthday". They were "car" cupcakes - his favorite! Tonight, Mimi and Bop Bop and Alexis and Rob came over to celebrate with him. Per his request, we had hamburgers, tator tots and cookieItalic cake (my absolute favorite too)! Mimi got him a Nerf gun which he loves but we are definitely going to have to set some rules so he doesn't kill Mae. It was a fun night hanging out with everyone. I really think he had a great birthday! We will get to celebrate again in a few weeks for his birthday party!

birthday party at school

the "car" cupcakes

Mrs. Caraway made him a cute "birthday hat" that he wore all day at school


the kids loved the party blowers



the little get-together at our house


blowing out the candles

Mae had to help


everyone is excited about the cookie cake

sweet Sadie

of course Mae is in her princess dress

No comments:

Post a Comment