Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Getting ready for the school parties

We spent most of the night tonight getting ready for the kids' Halloween parties at school tomorrow. And when I say "we" I mean Sanders (my husband) helped out too! We bonded over icing cupcakes - I guess these are the kind of "special" moments you get together when you have 2 kids! Anyways, I decided to be extra creative tonight and attempt these "candy corn" cupcakes I found online. They consisted of orange and yellow batter with fluffy, buttery, marshmallow icing. I'm not sure how good they'll taste but they turned out really cute.

The cupcake process . . .

Just out of the oven


Sanders helping me icing them. He is quite good at it!


The final product with candy corns and orange sprinkles


I also put together the teacher and class gifts. I gave all the kids in both classes orange and black popcorn that I ordered from www.momandpopcorn.com. I also found these cute little buckets from Target that I filled with the popcorn for Mae's teachers. For Mrs. Caraway, I found these cute Halloween soaps on etsy.


the class gifts

with the cute tags Michaelann made for me

I love Mae's red-headed witch!


I think we are ready for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment