Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mommy's Home!

I made it home from Dallas this afternoon around 4pm and I had a grand welcome when we pulled in the driveway. Mae came running out to greet me and Sanders came running down the stairs from his nap to give me a hug! I could tell they were excited to see me - they couldn't stop hugging on me. What a great feeling!

I think Sanders really got a good taste of what I experience on a daily basis with the kids this weekend. It sounds like he handled things pretty well but it was funny to hear him complain about how often he had to clean up after them. He said every time he turned around they had destroyed something else - which happens pretty much every day when we get home from school. I am sure it was good for him to get to spend that quality time with the kids though. They need some "one on one" daddy time every now and then. He even took them to Toy Fair and bought Mae some sparkly red shoes and an LSU tu-tu with a matching tank top and bow. He got little Sanders a new pair of church shoes and a train for wearing his glasses. I'm sure he spent an arm and a leg on all of that but at least now he sees how easy it is to buy things in that store. He said he was glad to be able to buy them some fun things since he never gets to really do that. He also took them to the Nichol's house to swim and watch the LSU game and church the next morning. I think he realized it is better to stay busy with them than to hang around the house while they destroy it. He did clean the house before I got home though and was smoking a chicken for dinner!! I was very impressed! Not once did he give me a hard time for being gone all weekend. Thankfully he had been to Vegas the weekend before so he couldn't give me too much grief.

Here are some pictures from when I got home yesterday afternoon:

too cute for words!

Sanders crawling on top of the playhouse. It would be too easy to play inside the house.

I love this picture too!

pushing around the shopping cart

i know this is probably inappropriate but it is too cute! We are high class here at the Graf house.

the kids loved daddy's smoked chicken!



Mae loves the swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment