Monday, September 20, 2010

My babies in glasses

I am FINALLY getting around to posting some pictures of Mae and Sanders in their glasses. I haven't been avoiding it - I've just haven't had a chance to sit them both down in their glasses for a picture. I really haven't had a hard time with Sanders wearing glasses like I did when I found out Mae had to wear them. I also think I've accepted that this is the challenge God has given us in life and if this is what we have to overcome than this is nothing compared to what other people are going through. Our kids our healthy, smart and beautiful and it is more than I could have ever asked for. I know the glasses are just a small bump in the road and in a few years they can both get contacts and eventually lasik surgery and we'll look back at the "glasses" as such a small event in our life. And really Little Sanders does look cute in them and you can barely tell he has them on. He has been great about wearing them at school all day. I bribed him the first few days and told him I'd buy him a train from Toy Fair and that seemed to work great b/c he has worn them everyday since then. It is such a relief because I was so worried about how he would handle wearing them in front of his friends and how they would react to him wearing them but everything has gone great. His friends all think they are "cool". He still seems to look under the glasses instead of looking through them but I think he gradually get used to them. I just hope the glasses work so we don't have to do the patch. I think that would be a nightmare with him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this fixes things!

Here are some pictures of my babies both wearing glasses . . .

not the best picture of them but they've both got their glasses on

Sanders in his glasses

And here are some pictures without their glasses


goofing around


trying to please mommy for a picture. they looked thrilled!

and Bored!

Mae

silly face


putting on mommy's shoes


No comments:

Post a Comment