Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our Trip to Charleston

We are back from our weekend to Charleston. It was SO MUCH FUN!! We had such a great time seeing Britt and Greer and their kids and Mary Catherine too! The weekend was packed full of fun!

Thursday we got to town and went to lunch with MC and Lee at Jim N Nicks - our favorite BBQ place from Birmingham. It was still as good as we remembered. We also went and checked out Mary Catherine's apartment which was really adorable! After that, we headed to Summerville to Britt and Greer's house and where her boys were eagerly awaiting our arrival. Little Sanders and Mae had both fallen asleep in the car on the way there so they were a little groggy and grumpy when they woke up not to mention little Sanders still wasn't feeling 100%. But they rallied and we went swimming and had fun catching up. Britt cooked us a delicious steak and we turned in early since we had been up since 5am to catch our flight there.

Mae and Campbell in their matching bathing suits (and hands in their mouths):


Little Sanders swimming:


Sanders, Hughston and Mae watching a movie and eating popcorn:


Poor Little Sanders still doesn't feel well:


He perked up a little to play Candy Land with the babysitter, Anna:


On Friday we got going early and headed to Charleston for some SHOPPING. We had sitters come to the house to watch the kids and thankfully Sanders woke up back to his old self. We survived the strep throat! I was so excited about our day! The shops in Charleston are to die for. I found some adorable dresses at The Copper Penny, The Hamden Shop, Lulu and The Palm Resort - luckily my wonderful husband was feeling very generous to let me buy a few things. I was in heaven. We ate a delicious lunch at Magnolias's - I got the Buffalo fried chicken salad and it was amazing! There wasn't a crumb left on my plate. We finished up our shopping after lunch and then headed back to Summerville. That night we got dressed up and headed back to Charleston and for a drink at Chia's and dinner at Hall's Chophouse. It was all delicious! The pineapple mojito at Chia's, the tea mojito at Hall's and the Strawberry Kiwi mojito at the rooftop bar were by far the best drinks i've ever had! I will definitely have to remember those for the future. They sure do know how to make a good mojito in Charleston! For dinner, I enjoyed a fabulous steak and the Hall's chophouse salad for appetizer. We went to a rooftop bar for a post-dinner drink and then headed back to the Reagin's house.

Mae and Campbell playing together:


Mae as the Power Ranger:


DRESS UP TIME! Sanders as Superman and Hughston as Spiderman:


Moving along to Buzz light year:


Buzz and the sweet fairy:


Sweet Mae in the fairy costume:




The Three Amigos: Sanders, Hughston and Harrison:


A cute picture of Greer and Campbell:


The boys' sleepover in Hughston and Harrison's room:


Mary Catherine and I at the rooftop bar:


On Saturday, we left the girls behind with the babysitter and loaded the boys and the boat up and headed about 50 miles away from Summerville to launch the boat. We took the boat to this beautiful quiet island that was filled with seashells! The kids (and myself) had blast looking for pretty shells. It is by far the best sea shelling I've ever experienced. We found conchs, scalloped shells and olives. We also stumbled upon a horseshoe crab which is a sight to see. I was just glad I didn't step on it. We ate lunch on the beach and then headed back. Once we got back to the house, Greer and I slipped away and took naps. I slept for 2 hours - I was worn out! I woke up rested though and ready for another night on the town. We went to the Charleston Grill that night and it was just as good or even better than Hall's. MC and Lee met us there too. I had another fabulous mojito that consisted of pineapple, sage and vanilla bean. It sounds strange but it was amazing! So good that I had 3 of them even though I regretted that the next day. I had this delicious pulled pork appetizer and fish for my entree. We had a blast that night! It was a great way to end a fun trip.

Loading up to get on the boat:


Lee and Sanders:


Sanders looking for seashells:


Harrison looking for seashells:


Sanders and Harrison pulling up on the boat with our lunch:


Sanders and daddy:


Cool guy:


Our set-up on the beach:


All the seashells we found!!


The boys playing catch in the water:


Sanders being silly:


My sweet son:


Throwing shells in the water:


Discovering the Horseshoe Crab:





MC and Little Sanders:


Our night at the Charleston Grill:




We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family in fun places! I hope we have an opportunity to see them again soon!


The kids in the airplane on the way home:


1 comment: