Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sick Kids

It is day 19 of summer vacation and both Sanders and Mae are sick. Sanders was complaining of a soar throat earlier in the day so I decided to take him to the doctor to see if it something serious. Sure enough he had a 101 temp and had strep throat.

Luckily Dr. Ritch said the medicine should knock it out pretty quickly - except that giving Sanders the medicine was almost impossible. He literally gagged once we forced it down this throat. Not sure how we are going to get him to take the next 4 doses. And Mae . . . she went to the doctor with us and he took a look at her throat but didn't see anything so I thought we were in the clear until we got home and she was extremely fussy and warm. So, I took her temp and she was at 102! Not a fun house when you have 2 sick kids. I did have a rare moment when both kids laid their heads on my chest on the couch while we watched The Incredibles. I don't think that has ever happened. I think Mae even fell asleep shortly. I'll take these sweet moments in return for taking care of sick kids! Hopefully they will rebound quickly from this so we can go to Charleston on Thursday!

Here is a picture of Little Sanders asleep on the couch tonight. It was so sweet.


Mae kept rubbing his head and giving him kisses.


The other news from today was Brooke Walker came over to look at Rudy and is going to keep him for the weekend to see if she wants to adopt him. I really wanted to keep the silly guy but Sanders is anti the two dogs and his last straw was last night when he started the sprinklers and Rudy had chewed off the sprinkler head so it looked like a geyser in our backyard. After that, Sanders was insistent that I find Rudy a home. I am a little sad b/c I've gotten really attached to him but I'll feel much better if we find him a good home.

Sweet Rudy . . .


I also took a few of Mae out on the front steps. She wasn't too happy but I love her blank look and yawn.



No comments:

Post a Comment