Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sick Day at Home . . .

Poor Little Sanders is still not feeling well. He went to bed with 101 temp and refused to take the Motrin. I realized you cannot force a child to take medicine - it is impossible! He did finally take the antibiotic after 30 minutes of Sanders threatening him but gagged (and cried) for 30 minutes afterwards. It was a rough night! Anyways, today we decided to take it easy this morning and play around the house. I feel like we haven't done that in forever so it was kind of nice. The kids made houses with their magnetic blocks, colored and stayed in their pjs until 10am! Sanders went to see "Marmaduke" with Mimi this afternoon and still wasn't feeling well by the time he came home so I started getting worried about our trip to Charleston tomorrow. I decided to take him up to the pediatrician b/c I knew a shot was going to be the only way he was going to feel better. Plus this meant we wouldn't have to force the medicine on him anymore. Thankfully Sanders met me up at the doctors office and Little Sanders survived the shot. I had to leave the room while they gave it to him b/c I couldn't bare to see it. The doctor said it was okay to take him to Charleston and that he should feel better by tomorrow so we got home and started packing up . . . It is going to be a fun trip! I can't wait to see MC and Britt and Greer! I know the kids will have a blast too! I hope Sanders wakes up happy and healthy tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures of our playdate at home this morning.




I also got a precious picture of little sanders with a tear on his eye. Poor thing - you can tell in his eyes he doesn't feel well.


When we got home from the doctor, Little Sanders was so exhausted that he feel asleep in daddy's lap. So precious.


Mae had to join in the fun too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment