Friday, August 13, 2010

The "Boo-Hoo" Breakfast

I was asked to be in charge of the "Boo Hoo" Breakfast at school this morning. It is a breakfast for the all the mothers of children going to kindergarten to help them dry their tears if they were sad about their kids going off to school. For most of us, I think we'd rather call it the "Yahoo Breakfast" because we are excited for them to start school.

Anyways, I worked with Michaelann on the invitations and the stickers for the kleenex packets. She did a great job on the artwork.



I decoupaged a bunch of cans with cute polka dotted scrapbook paper for the table decorations. It was hard to find pretty flowers this time of year since it is so HOT but thankfully Brookshires had some pretty kalanchos and mums. I got bright colored table cloths, plates and napkins to coordinate with each other. All the colors were so bright - I thought it would help cheer anyone up that might be feeling sad about their child starting school. We had the K-3 room moms from last year bring mini baked goods to help feed everyone. We had mini donuts, cinnamon rolls, muffins etc. I found these cute white plastic rectangular trays online that worked perfectly for the food.

the flowers

The center pieces



the tables and food




We had 2 speakers that talked to everyone. One was Regina Wren who used to minister at First Methodist and is such a sweet lady. She was actually my K-4 teacher a LONG time ago.



We had a great turnout and I think everyone had a good time. It was a fun event to work on!


1 comment:

  1. I'm hosting one at my son's school for 100 moms and love your centerpiece idea! I'm going to steal:) Thanks for the idea, I'm not creative:)
    Julie
    Dallas, TX

    ReplyDelete