Thursday, August 5, 2010

Toys R Us, Jumping Jupiter and Dress-up!

Another day of "camp mommy"! We started off at the gym early this morning so mommy could burn off all the cupcakes I've been eating that we made earlier in the week. Afterwards I braved taking the kids to Toys R Us which every mother knows is asking for trouble. We had to pick up a few birthday gifts so I figure this would be the best place to go since we were already in Bossier. I told the kids they could both pick out a toy if they behaved. Sanders started off the trip whining - he wanted every car he passed by. I told him he was not getting a car because he has 100 of them! I told him he could pick out a Leapster game and a Leap Frog book - he was not happy about this at all but realized if he didn't listen to me than he wasn't getting anything at all. After we picked out the birthday gifts we headed to the dress-up clothes for Mae. She loves her tu-tus that she got for her birthday so I thought it would be fun for her to get some more fun dress-up clothes. She immediately picked out this bright "flapper" dress that is adorable. We got some pink play shoes to go with them too! Then we headed over to the Leap Frog area for Sanders. He picked out a Pet Pal game for his Leapster and a "Scooby Doo" book for his Leapfrog Pen. He still insisted on getting a train so I gave in and let him pick out a train. So, after 1 an hour and $150 later we were leaving Toys R Us! I survived!

After that, I took the kids to Jumpin Jupiter down the road so they could burn off some of evergy. They had a blast!! It wasn't too crowded and they ran from one jumper to the next having a ball! We stayed about an hour and then went by Sonic to pick up lunch and headed home. They had a full morning! Mae took a great nap and Sanders played up stairs quietly with his new game and train. If anything, maybe it will get him motivated to play with his train table again.

After naps, Mae went immediately to her new dress and put it on. It was adorable. It came with a flower for her hair and everything. She is definitely a "girly girl"!

Sanders and I had a date night tonight! We went to the Boardwalk and ate at Sushiko and saw "Salt". It was a good movie but definitely kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Angelina Jolie is definitely a hard-core lady! I like those kind of movies but I am always exhausted by the time I leave the theater. I'll be looking forward to a more light-hearted movie next time!

Pictures from the day . . .

Jumping at Jumpin Jupiter




Mae is trying to take off her socks


having a ball!


Mae trying to take her socks off again


playing in the house


posing for a picture



Mae playing "dress-up"

No comments:

Post a Comment