Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sanders first day of K-4 and a trip to Velocity Care!

Well today was the day - the first day of K-4 for little Sanders! I can't believe we've started another school year. Sanders was excited - maybe not as excited as I was - but I know he is going to have so much fun this year.

Everyone woke up early as usual which was fine because I had to be at the school at 7:30 that morning to help set-up for the "Boo Hoo" Breakfast. I had to be showered, dressed and have everyone else dressed for us to leave the house by 7am and believe it or not I pulled it off. I wouldn't want to do that again anytime soon but at least I know it can be done. I dropped Sanders off at Hannah's house so he could ride to school with them since I had to be there so early. Mae came with me to the set-up for the breakfast and Mimi came to get her before it started.

I took Sanders to his class when they got there and took some pictures (of course). He was great - he walked right in like he had been there before. He gave Mrs. Caraway a hug and then went and sat on the carpet for music time. He was excited to see his friends from last year - Sydney Claire, John Paul and William as well as Savannah from next door.

They only had a half day today so I picked him up at 11:30 and headed to Chili's to meet SK, Hannah, Holly and Cameron for lunch to celebrate their first day. Thankfully my mom kept Mae so it wasn't too crazy. They all had fun at lunch - Sanders kept saying "I am going to marry Cameron" which was making Hannah upset. I think he was just doing it to mess with her. I'm sure he'll change his mind tomorrow.

After lunch, we picked up Mae and headed home for naps. When we got home I saw where Copper had eaten little Sanders entire buck shoe except for the sole and had jumped on the stove and eaten all of our cupcakes and turned the gas stove on (while I was gone for 5 hours). I wanted to kill him. He has been so bad lately! I do not know what to do with him. To add to the chaos Mae refused to stay in her bed for her nap - which you'll see in the next post. I spent an hour trying to get her down. I can already tell I will be battling with her for years to come. Finally everyone fell asleep so mommy could have some quiet time.

Things continued to go down hill when Sanders woke up. He complained his ear was hurting which was weird b/c he has never had an ear infection. He was crying hysterically which made me realize he wasn't joking around. I tried to offer him medicine but of course he refused. I even told him I'd buy him any toy he wanted if he'd take the medicine but my strong-willed child would not give in. We were supposed to meet mom, dad, MC, alexis and Rob for dinner at Cantina Laredo so I dropped Mae off with them and took Sanders to Velocity Care. He was in so much pain I had to do something. Thankfully, they called us back quickly (probably b/c they felt sorry for him). The doctor looked him over and said he had fluid behind his ear - which is the reason the pain came on so fast. He said the only thing we could do was give him pain medicine to comfort him until it passed. I explained that he refused to take medicine and he said his nurses would help hold him down to give him the medicine. Well, that didn't work at all - it was terrible. We were all holding him down while he was kicking and screaming with this mouth sealed shut. He would not give in! When he finally opened his mouth slightly the nurse put the medicine in there but he spit it out immediately. They were at a loss. They left the room to talk to the doctor while Sanders was so upset from us holding him down. I tried to calm him down and convince him to take the medicine but he refused. They finally came back in with some apple juice for him to drink w/the medicine mixed in and I couldn't believe it but he drank it not knowing it was in there. I think he wanted to leave so bad that he was going to do anything to get out of there. The nurse said the medicine was a low dose of Loratab and that he would probably get tired and loopy which I thought might be a good thing to help him sleep good tonight. From there, we went to Cantina Laredo to grab a quick dinner with mom and dad. I kept thinking Sanders would get tired but I think the medicine had the opposite effect on him. He was extremely hyper! My luck!

When we got home from dinner, I bathed everyone quickly and put them to bed. I was glad they went to sleep pretty easily because I was exhausted myself. It had been a rough afternoon!

Sanders on his first day of school

A cute picture of Hannah and Sanders that SK took at her house

Sitting on the front steps of First Baptist

Hannah and Sanders on the school front steps

Standing in front of his bag hook


The Caraway Frogs!


Sitting down for music time

Lunch at Chili's after school

Sanders, Cameron and Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment