Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The summer has come to an end

I can't believe the summer is almost over! It has definitely flown by. I am kind of sad it has come to an end - I've had a lot of fun hanging out with the kids everyday (all day). We have just about done it all this summer - a trip to Destin, Charleston, Mobile, Tahoe, Lafayette, gone to the Boardwalk, movies, Jumping Jupiter, snow cones, icecream and the list goes on . . . We have had ALOT of fun! I am so glad that I was able to start this blog at the beginning of the summer. It will be fun looking back to see all the fun things we did.

Anyways, today we had the parent/teacher conferences at school at 8:15am. Needless to say it was not easy getting everyone up, dressed and out the door that early. I took both kids over to Mimi's while I went to the meeting. Sadie was coming over too so Mimi was going to have her hands full!

The meeting with Mrs. Caraway was great! I am so excited she is going to be Sanders' teacher. She gave a great talk about what the kids will be learning, their activities, and general class info. Of course she had to tell the whole group how I was in her first class and didn't talk the first half of the year. They got a kick out of that. There were some familiar faces and some new faces at the meeting this morning which is good b/c it will give us all a chance to meet some new people. They are going to have a cute class. Of course I signed up for room mom. I had so much fun doing it last year that I had to do it again. I really enjoyed going to all of the class parties and getting to know Mrs. Titus and the kids so well last year. It definitely gives you lots of opportunities to be in the classroom with the kids. Hopefully I'll have that same enthusiasm this year. Dee Dee Smith signed up to help me but she is moving in December so Julie Coyle offered to help me the second part of the year. I am looking forward to it.

After the meeting, I picked the kids up from my mom's house and took them to the new Jump Zone on Bert Kouns. It has only been open a week but is great! They have about 6 jumpies for kids of all ages. Sanders and Mae had a blast running around. Alexis and some of her friends were up there with their kids as well as Paige and Grant. I'm so glad to have another indoor activity for the kids!

After jumping, we met SK and Hannah for lunch at El Chico's and then went to the school for Sanders' meeting with Mrs. Caraway. It was a quick meeting - thankfully b/c Mae was exhausted! She even threw a fit in the school foyer b/c I took the Ipad away from her. She had been up since her usual 5:45am. Sanders seems to really like Mrs. Caraway. He definitely warms up to teachers quickly.

We headed home after our busy morning and Mae fell asleep immediately. She was worn out!
When she woke up, we took Sanders to get his haircut - which he desperately needed. I wanted him to look good for his first day of school!

I still can't believe he will be in K-4 tomorrow!

Getting our haircut for the 1st day of school. We love Mr. Corley!

An "after picture" of his cute haircut

After baths, Mae had to put on her tu-tu one last time

No comments:

Post a Comment