Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Mother/Daughter morning and a lazy Friday night

Mae and I had a fun day together despite our recent battles over her staying in bed!

Sanders had his first full day of school today so we dropped him off at school and took Copper to Lucky's Doggy Day Care to give him some interaction with other dogs and hopefully wear him out so he'll stop being destructive at home. I'm thinking maybe Copper is lonely and bored since all he does is lay around the house all day so I may take him to Lucky's a few days a week so he can play with other dogs and get a change of scenery. It is only $15 a day which is a pretty good deal when you think about the things he has torn up lately. He was excited when we dropped him off so we'll see how it goes! Mae and I then came home for a little while to clean up the house and get organized. Then we set out to get her some prescription sunglasses and then some new shoes at Toy Fair (since Copper had eaten her other pair). She had fun accessorizing herself at Toy Fair. She is such a little girl!

Here are some pictures of her trying on the new sandals and playing with all their fun accessories!




Afterwards, we went and met Mimi, Alexis and Sadie for lunch at the new Counter Culture. Sadie and Mae were ecstatic to see each other as always. They are a hilarious when they get together.


After lunch, we went and picked Bubby up from school early since Mae needed to get home and nap. He said he had a great day at school. They had a substitute teacher today b/c Mrs. Caraway had to go to a wedding out of town. From the little he tells me, I think he is enjoying it so far. He said they played "duck duck goose" on the playground with Hannah and Sydney Claire.

I brought everyone home and Mae napped and only got out of her bed once. I told her I would lock her door again and that seemed to scare her so I'm hoping that will work. Sanders played upstairs while I did some work on the computer.

When Mae woke up we went and picked up Copper from Lucky's and then picked up pizza at Pizza Hut which is my favorite. It is too bad they don't deliver to our house. I was looking forward to a relaxing lazy night at home which we haven't had in awhile. The kids ate and then played outside a little bit before we had to bathe and go to bed. I tried to let both kids sleep in my bed since Sanders is out of town but that didn't go well. Mae kept getting out of bed so I finally put her back in her bed and she went to sleep. Hallelujah!

eating yummy pizza


Attempting to get them to go to sleep in my bed

Up to no good

It is hard to get mad at those two sweet faces

No comments:

Post a Comment