Monday, August 9, 2010

Our day trip to Lafayette

Today we had a road trip planned to Lafayette to visit Ramsey! I loaded the kids up bright and early and we headed down south. They did great in the car - I was worried about Mae because she had woken up at 5:45 (again) and I knew she wasn't going to be able to take a nap until later this afternoon but surprisingly she did well. Sanders watched movies on the Ipad while Mae watched Elmo's "Let's Make Music Together" about 10 times. I had all of the songs memorized by the time we got there.

We got to Lafayette about noon and met Ramsey at her house and then headed to lunch at Izzo's. I was so excited - Brie, Melissa and Elizabeth Kraft all joined us for lunch. I haven't seen Brie in ages and Melissa is weeks away from having her baby so it was so good to see them! Sanders and Mae did pretty good at lunch. Mae got a little restless in her seat but I couldn't blame her after being in the car for 3 hours. Mae was great with my friends though - she attached to Ramsey immediately. She kept saying "I want Ramsey to buckle me" "I want Ramsey to hold me". It was so cute. I was glad she warmed up to her so quickly!

After lunch, we went to the City Club pool which is SO nice! They have a great entry-level pool with a water slide that Sanders' loves. He, Parker and Bella (Elizabeth's little girl) must have gone down the slide 100 times. At one point, Mae climbed up the slide but was reconsidering once she got up there but Sanders pushed her down anyway. She was not happy about that at all! She kept saying "Bubby pushed Mae Mae down the slide". I took her down the slide later to help calm her fears. She did much better then.

Around 4pm, we dried the kids off, changed their clothes and loaded up in the car. It was time for us to get on the road and head back to Shreveport. It had been a quick trip but it was great to get to catch up with everyone. I love getting all of our kids together too. Thankfully Mae fell asleep as soon as we pulled out of Ramsey's house and slept most of the trip. They had had a fun-filled day!

A picture of everyone after lunch. Melissa refused to get in the picture since she was so pregnant!

At the pool - Mae has reached the top of the slide. I couldn't believe it.

She is rethinking it now but unfortunately "Bubby" is behind her

And yes, he pushes her down the slide. She was not happy!

Parker going down the slide

Sanders is having a ball!

Sanders, Bella and Parker having so much fun together

Mae and her new buddy!

Me, Ramsey and Elizabeth

Sanders and Bella underneath the waterfall


Me and Mae going down the slide

Me and Sanders going down the slide

Taking both kids down the slide

A picture of me and the kids when we got back to Shreveport. We had had a fun day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment